Cries of help

Why are rubbers treated so badly?
Why do children launch us at the whiteboard?
Well, don’t expect the answer from me, go ask the children.

Think about all us powerless rubbers,
Flying through the air,
Shouting desperately!!!
But what do they say, nothing.

Why do people stick us up their noses?
Why, oh why?
But the worst is yet to come. Listen…

They grab us and scrape us on dirty paper,
Disintegrating all our dignity,

Stop!!
Leave us alone!!
Just remember. We might die away but our soul will still remain!!

This entry was posted in Literacy, Poems, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Cries of help

1. Mr. Ruddy says:

Hi Obinna,
    Wow!! What an interesting idea. I will never ever use a rubber again without thinking of your poem. I will think of all the silent screams in our class everyday as the dignity of rubbers is disintegrated!! It was funny, creative and really made me think about life from a different perspective.
    Can you think of some other objects and how they would feel about the way we treat them? Please reply back.
    Oh dear! I have just thought of how a pencil would feel when being sharpened!!!!

• obinna says:

Yes, I can think of how other objects like a pencil or the bin. The pencil doesn’t like to be sharpened becuase it’s painful and the bin doesn’t like to be treated as rubbish

2. anna says:

Hi Obinna,
    Your poem about rubbers was very humourus and interesting. First, I thought you were talking about robbers but when I carried on reading I thought to myself ‘Oh!, those rubbers’. You also made me smile by saying ”why do people stick us up their noses?” I think that you need no improvements. Well done and keep it up!

• obinna says:

Hi Anna,
      I could understand how you got confused by rubbers and robbers. Thank-you for the comments I really appreciate it.

3. julia says:

Hi Obinna,
    What a wonderful poem! I love all the words and discriptive phrases you used like ‘Disintegrating all our dignity’. You also managed to make it funny- I was splitting with laughter when I read the part about sticking the rubbers up their noses! The title also is a bit wieard- when I read it, I thought it would be about someone needing help. You really made this a quality peice of work! I can’t wait for more. Thanks!

4. jessa says:

Hi Obinna,

5. jessa says:

Hi Obinna,
    Did you say ‘why do people stick it up their noses?” Well if you did… that was hillarious! The line that stood out to me was when you wrote ‘Stop!!’ because you only used one word for that line. This work is first class so I don’t really need to say what could be improved because it is perfect. I wish you could write more funny poems about other objects too because you are really good at it!